Dogz and Dogz Dog Elbow Balm deeply moisturizes and nourishes the skin, without beeing greasy.
No matter how many cushy dog beds you provide, some pups simply prefer to lounge on the cool surface of hard flooring. Frequent, prolonged pressure from laying on solid surfaces can eventually lead to elbow calluses. Calluses usually develop on the elbows, but can also occur on the hips, hocks and along the sides of the legs. These patches of thickened skin are most common in short-coated, large-breed pups like Labs, Boxers and Mastiffs.
As soon as you begin to notice the first signs of hair loss and dry, thick skin, you should intervene to prevent them from becoming more than just a mild inconvenience. These rough, thick pressure sores are more than just unsightly, they can crack, bleed, ulcerate and even become infected. Read more about elbow calluses here
Our Dog Elbow balm is designed to nourish, soften and help the calluses be less restrictive, tight and at risk of tearing. All ingredients are soothing and moisturizing. Already inflamed skin should be presented to the veterinarian.
- 100% natural and organic ingredients
- Based on organic, Extra Virgin Olive Oil from the Mediterranean Island Mallorca
- Enriched with organic Almond Oil and organic Avocado Oil from Spain
- Free of mineral oil and parabens
- Free of Palm Oil
- Free of preservatives
- Lick- safe
- Handcrafted in Spain
- Comes with detailed description and application instructions
- ORGANIC EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL (Olea europea): is loaded with vitamins and hydrates the skin. Olive oil is a natural moisturizer that penetrates deep into the skin, providing needed moisture as well as a shield to protect your dogs nose, keeping it smooth. It also has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties.
- ORGANIC AVOCADO OIL: The antioxidants and anti-inflammatory agents in avocado oil help your dogs skin to stay smooth and healthy.
- ORGANIC COCONUT OIL: is a powerful moisturizer that is beneficial to restoring dry or flaking skin
- SHEA BUTTER:The concentration of natural vitamins and fatty acids in Shea Butter makes it incredibly nourishing and moisturizing for skin. It is used to remedy dry skin and to help protect the skin’s natural oils.
- BEESWAX: is a natural moisturizer and reliefs inflammation
- COCOA BUTTER: is a deep moisturizer and skin healer due to it`s high proportion of fatty acids. Additionally Cocoa Butter is an antioxidant powerhouse and has also anti-inflammatory qualities.
- VITAMIN E: is a skin protective substance and it is an antioxidant by nature. Vitamin E has a quick healing power on damaged tissue and it boosts collagen production for a fast cell-regeneration.
- CHAMOMILLE: has excellent healing abilities to minor skin wounds, process by disinfection, is strong anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal, antibacterial, antiseptic and antioxidant
- ALLANTOIN: Natural moisture production from Allantoin prevents itchy or flaky skin through its dead skin removal. It’s also helpful that Allantoin is non-toxic, non-allergenic, and odorless with anti-inflammatory, anti-irritant properties.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply our Dog Elbow Balm 2 x a day.
Distract your dog after applying the balm. We recommend to apply the balm right before leaving for a walk with your best friend, so he is too excited to take care of his elbows and the nourishing and healing ingredients of the ointment have time to melt into the callus.
Like all our dog balms, the Elbow Balm is safe if eaten.
DOGZ and DOGZ Dog Elbow Balm is suitable for all dog breeds and especially for our beloved senior dogs.